Mediation is a way to resolve disputes by bringing individuals together to work on coming up with their own solutions to resolve their conflict.
Why use mediation?
Mediation provides individuals with an alternative way to revolve their dispute. They do not have to use the court system. The resolution is created by the disputing individuals and provides a number of benefits including:
- More realistic and practical resolution
- Less expensive and emotionally draining process than using the court system
- Provides a forum to discuss future issues to avoid further conflict
- Preservation of the relationship between the individuals
- A faster and more efficient way to get things resolved
Dianna and I have worked as mediation partners on several different types of disputes in the not-for-profit sector. Dianna is very dedicated to ensuring that clients feel comfortable with the mediation process and willingly participate. Dianna engages clients to think about their issues and customize solution to their problems.
She and I have worked together and were able to successfully have clients meet a resolution that met their needs and was realistic to their particular situation. The process ran smoothly and clients were pleased with the outcome.